Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our Classroom ... A Work in Progress


I thought I would share some pics of my classroom.  I have a long way to go to make it as functional as I would like, but so far, it's coming along ok.  It is a center room in a "house" that holds 7 classes - 3 Kindergarten classes, and 4 1st/2nd grade combo classes.  First, here are a few pics of what the space looked like three days before school started:



Yikes!  Well, since then I have worked endlessly to find a home for everything.  I do not have wall space, so I hang student work anywhere I can - usually from the ceiling.  There are clothespins hung by fishing line that work fabuolously for this.  Here are some pics of our space as of now:





I usually set up my literacy centers the afternoon before I will teach them.  I put each center's work in these bins.  It usually works great for set up, but not as great for clean up - any thoughts on how I can make this run better?


Thanks for taking a look!  I'm always open to new ideas, so please share your thoughts.  Many of you might notice projects that are found on other blogs or TPT - these sights have been a lifesaver!  Thank you to all of these wonderful teachers for their incredible and inspiring ideas! (Whenever I know the source or inspiration for student work, I will share that information)  Have a great Wednesday!Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment