Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day 2012


My first and second graders just finished a Social Studies unit on Great Americans in History.  Last week, our final two influential people were Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks.  A team member of mine did this activity with her class, and I loved it so much I had my students do the same project.  I do not know who created the activity originally, but if anyone does, let me know and I will give them full credit for this wonderful lesson.  It was the perfect way to wrap up the unit.  The students were inspired by what they learned about these two individuals, and therefore wrote in a careful and thoughtful manner.  They were all quite proud of their work.  The timing for completing this project happened by accident, but worked out perfectly since today we celebrate the life and accomplishments of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr..


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment