Thursday, January 12, 2012

Difficult Days in First Grade ....

It's been a tough week in the first grade.  All year, personal items have been disappearing from students in our classroom/house.  Unfortunately, this week was a very dramatic one.  We discovered who was taking items, and it has been hard to deal with on all levels.  First of all, I want to know why.  Second, I'm sad for everyone involved.  This is such a tough life lesson for all of us.  As a teacher, I want to make sure that the emotional needs of all of the students are met, and that we are able to move past this as a community, but I am mostly concerned for the student that has been taking things.  It's going to be a tough road ahead for a few weeks.  I keep hoping that I am handling it the best way possible.  I am so thankful for my partner, as well as our principal and support staff.  I would love to hear how others have worked through these situations.  Comments welcome!Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment